Thursday, April 17, 2014

22...DOUBLE PEACE SIGN BABY!

Well....another "impossible" thing happened today. I ran for a "new" longest time in twenty years....22 straight minutes (2-1/4 miles)!!!! When I looked at the "Day 3" training session for this week, I almost cried when I saw 22 MINUTES! The other tough thing about this week is that with C25K, I need to run 3 times per week. So, I run every other day just to make it easy in my mind. I ran yesterday, so I should not run until tomorrow. However, my oldest daughter is having a slumber party to celebrate her birthday tomorrow, so it would not be good for me to leave a house full of girls so that I can go for a jog. Hmmmmm.....on second thought....... :0)  Also, if I kept the schedule I was on, I would also be running on Easter. My husband is starting a new church and it is our first Easter service on Sunday....so needless to say Easter is going to be a wee-bit busy. I am fairly confident that with all of the preparations I am part of  for the slumber party (Friday), a picnic our church is hosting for foster families (Saturday), a Glow-In-The Dark Egg Hunt our family is hosting for our neighborhood (Saturday night), and Easter (Sunday morning), I will be comatose by Sunday afternoon....and in no shape to jog. Yes, it is also very likely we are getting "take out" for our Easter dinner!

So, I had to run back-to-back nights....and tonight was for 22 MINUTES!!! Double peace sign baby!!!! 
With lots of prayer and determination, I DID IT!!!

Before...22 minutes???

After...22 minutes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment