Sunday, March 23, 2014

TWO WEEKS

I just finished my second week of training using the C25K (Couch to 5K) program. I have run six times for a total of 3 hours. THAT is more than I have run since I played soccer way back in the prehistoric days.....20 years ago. I look forward to a time when I don't feel like I am going to die while running, although I have to admit the C25K program is very doable. I am thankful for a day off between each run, and for the walking portion of the run/walk repetitions during each training. I am also incredibly thankful for my dog....my running partner....who I enjoy watching run....and who tows me when I am tired. 
Me and my 55 lb. lap-dog
I am looking into some 5Ks to run in May-June and 1/2 marathons to run in the Fall. It is so strange that these things were not even on my radar a few weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment