Saturday, March 29, 2014

3 MINUTES STRAIGHT

So, I just finished my third week of the C25K program. Am I feeling invigorated???.....Uh, no. It is tough. My knees are sore. This week the program had me alternating jogging for 90 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, jogging for 3 minutes, walking for 3 minutes. 

Three minutes. It may not seem like much for some, but for me....with my weight....with my poor physical condition....it is an eternity! Thankfully, whatever I don't have in the "right" weight or stamina, I make up for in extreme stubbornness. 

I am hoping to be able to afford purchasing "real" running shoes in the next week or two. Prayerfully, "real" shoes will help with some of the knee pain I am dealing with.

I don't think I should have looked ahead to what my next week of C25K has in store me. I saw something that said, "...jog for 3 minutes....and....jog for 5 minutes..." I am hoping my eyes were deceiving me, and the exhaustion of finishing my last run for week 3, had me seeing things that weren't really there. 

We shall "see"....


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Running for 3 minutes straight is a HUGE deal!!! You should come to the Adventure Run this week and maybe you'll win some "real" shoes. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacee! I think our family is going to go for the Adventure Run!

    ReplyDelete