Monday, March 31, 2014

THE GENEROSITY OF OTHERS

Wow! I woke up to an amazing email this morning! 


"Hi Heidi!
I hope this finds you well. I read your blog post re: 3 whole minutes, and cannot stop thinking about it. I did a run walk program for a 1/2 marathon about a year ago and it was hard. For me, shoes made a world of difference for my knees and hips. I don't know if you would be interested in this, but there's a store on Crenshaw called Road Runner. I went there, and they had me run on a treadmill barefoot, and cameras watch how you run. Then they recommend shoes based on how your foot tilts or where you need support...
Regardless if you go there or not, I'd also like to confidentially donate $100 toward your running shoe fund. I'm really inspired by you in so many ways, and grateful you share so much online. You deserve a great pair of shoes!! I'll bring it by tomorrow if that's a good time for you.
Have a great Monday!"


Isn't that amazing! I felt a little funny about accepting money....especially of that magnitude....but it seemed to bring my friend such joy, so I also did not feel right saying, "No." She was so happy to bless me that she brought the money over this morning! I thanked her for her incredible generosity and gave her a big hug....I wish I could do more to show her my gratitude.

To make the situation even more fabulous, my kids were all home when the friend dropped off the money. The kids were talking about how nice that was of my friend to bless me in such an incredible way. Suddenly, my two oldest kids (ages 8 and 9) disappeared...I heard some whispering...and they reappeared a few minutes later. My daughter handed me $12; My son handed me $13. They said they want to help me get good shoes too. So together, they wanted to add $25, and they took the money out of their piggy banks. How cool are they? Originally, I said, "No thank you", but they looked so disappointed, I quickly said, "Thank you", and kissed their faces off!!!!

So, it looks like I will go get shoes later this week. I won't have time to go until Friday, so I only have two runs left with my current shoes (today and Wednesday). Hopefully, the runs won't be too bad knowing good shoes are on the horizon!

THANK YOU to my friend and kiddos for your amazing support, generosity, and kindness!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment